Individual oral presentation, forum, and poster presentation will be accepted. If you wish to make a presentation, please select one of the presentation formats.
If there is a certain number or requests for presentations in English, a Q&A session in English might be set up.
|Adjustment of the Number of Presentation|
As approved at the 2008 General Meeting, the host university will select presentations dependent on the availability of the venue as well as for other reasons. Due to the limited number of venues and internet connections, the timetable for research presentations may be adjusted in line with the number of applications.
|Application for Presentation and Submit Abstract|
There are two steps involved when submitting your presentation: ① subject registration, ② abstract submission. Please be reminded that the link for subject registration and the abstract submission are different.
① Subject registration - Deadline: February 14, Monday
② Abstract submission - Deadline: February 28, Monday
Abstract submission form
- If you are unable to register via the web form, please contact the Dogura office by e-mail, phone, or fax, and provide the following information: name, furigana, affiliation, phone number, e-mail address, whether you can attend or not, whether you will give a presentation or not, whether it is an oral presentation or poster presentation, whether the presentation format can be changed or not, presenter’s name, presentation subject, attendance at the reception, attendance at the general meeting or a proxy letter in case you will not attend it. The deadline for subject submission is February 14, Monday, which is the same date as the online submission.
Dogura Office, Japan Association for African Studies Office
(Office hour: 10:00 to 18:00 excluding year-end and New Year holidays, weekends, and national holidays)
(Please replace "●" with "＠.")
- Since the 2016 Annual Conference, the conference program and presentation abstracts are posted on the conference website. Please be reminded that the program and presentation abstracts will be posted for a certain period of time before and after the conference and can be viewed on the website.
- Since the 2016 Annual Conference, non-JAAS researchers living abroad can give presentations at this conference. However, the non-JAAS researchers who give presentations will be limited to those who have members of JAAS who will support them in applying for their participation and presentation, abstract submission, visa application, and will pay their participation fee and reception party fee. If you would like to support a non-member researcher living abroad, please send an e-mail to the Dogura office with your name, affiliation, phone number, e-mail address, and the presenter’s information (name, specialty, affiliation and e-mail address). JAAS members who will support such non JAAS members are also responsible for their online application for participation (please check the box for “applying for membership”), presentation application, and abstract submission. The method and deadlines for presentation registration, abstract submission, and early-bird payment of the registration fee are the same as those for academic members. abroad, please send an e-mail to the Dogura office with your name, affiliation, phone number, e-mail address, and the presenter’s information (name, specialty, affiliation and e-mail address). JAAS members who will support such non-JAAS members are also responsible for their online application for participation (please check the box for “applying for membership”), presentation application, and abstract submission. The method and deadlines for presentation registration, abstract submission, and early-bird payment of the registration fee are the sa
- Please download and use the "Presentation abstract template" and send both the MS Word file and PDF file via the abstract submission form.
- The document should be A4 size with a margin of 25 mm at the top, bottom, left, and right.
- Please use MS Mincho front for the Japanese font and Times New Roman for the English font.
- The font for the title should be 12 points, and the subtitle and presenter’s name should be 11 points. Please put them in bold.
- Please use the 10 point font for the text and fix the line spacing to 14 points. The number of characters should be 1500 characters or less for the main text. Please state on the top page whether English or Japanese is the language of choice.
- If you would like to make a group forum presentation, the representative should submit the presenters' abstract, forum subject, forum abstract, presenters, and order of presentation by suing the "Forum introduction template."
- The file name for the presentation abstract should be as shown below:
"Presenter's name_jaas2022" (Ex：TaroYamada_jaas2022)
"Presenter's name_jaasforum2022" (Ex：TaroYamada_jaasforum2022)
⚠ Important Notice！
- The deadline for the abstract is February 28, Monday. If the abstract is not submitted by this date, we will consider that you have canceled your presentation.
- Please register your presentation via the designated registration form on the JAAS website before submitting your abstract.
- Since 2016 Annual Conference, the conference program and presentation abstracts are posted on the conference website.